Sydor is Hiring a Vice President of Business Development
Sydor Optics is seeking an experienced business development professional to lead our company’s growth by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships while maintaining a high-level of customer satisfaction.
This is a hands-on business development position working in a highly collaborative, team-based sales environment. The job requires managing relationships at senior levels with prospective partners, prospecting and engaging new customers, developing proposals and contracts in the process of acquiring new business, identifying key market trends and solutions in order to effectively contribute to the market growth and evolution of the Company’s portfolio to provide new offerings and customer solutions.
Vice President of Business Development
The Vice President of Business Development will build market position by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships while maintaining a high-level of customer satisfaction. Develop business relationships to create the next generation of customers for the company’s growth strategy. Majority of their time will be dedicated to cultivating new customers and developing the pipeline of new business opportunities for Sydor Optics. Frequently interacts with sales team, engineering and manufacturing regarding sales strategy development and execution. The company expertise is Custom Flat-Surfaced Optics Manufacturing (High volume and precision quality wafers, windows, filters, mirrors, and optical flats supplied for a wide-array of technical industries). The optimal candidate would require some working knowledge and understanding of optics, optical components and/or optical systems.
The VP of Business Development focuses on her/his goals and priorities along with going the extra mile in covering aspects of sales and account management to our customers. He or she should be willing to travel as required to not only maintain, but more importantly, expand existing relationships and accounts along with developing new business opportunities. Working closely with the operations, engineering and sales teams will determine the customer needs/opportunities and translate to proposals and agreements on the scope of work. Ultimate goal is to increase revenue while maintaining profitability.
This is a hands-on business development position working in a highly collaborative, team-based sales environment. Requires managing relationships at senior levels with prospective partners, prospecting and engaging new customers, developing proposals and contracts in the process of acquiring new business, identifying key market trends and solutions in order to effectively contribute to the market growth and evolution of the Company’s portfolio to provide new offerings and customer solutions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generate new business opportunities through outside sales activities such as prospecting, relationship building, developing the business case, propose solutions and close sales.
- Develop new customer business relationships with the goal of increasing existing clients, programs, and accounts.
- Prepare and present professional proposals and presentations.
- Respond to client requests (RFP, RFQ, RFI), which may also include cost justification, business case and technical specifications.
- Support the marketing efforts of the company through attendance at company and industry events and conferences.
- Conduct monthly and/or quarterly account reviews with existing clients to ensure customer needs are met or exceeded.
- Actively participate in sales team meetings and progress reporting as needed including quarterly goal review sessions with the sales team and President.
- Maintain up to date, detailed client, and prospect records in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool of record (Synergy).
- Must be a collaborator
- Creative and agile problem-solving
- Passion to generate the best possible outcomes
- An eye for innovation and ability to identify new opportunities that will help our customers • Energetic, committed to continuous improvement and drive for positive business results • Thoughtful, calm, collected and organized
- Ability and willingness to work within the Sydor Optics “Values”
- Very strong customer focus and ability to engage quickly to understand customer needs and match to our capabilities / offerings
- Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with customers daily
- Prepare sales forecast useful in the analysis of market conditions
- Document interaction with customers using CRM systems to ensure efficient management of leads • Develop new customer relationships while continuously strengthening relationship with repeat customers • Monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand customer’s specific needs
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering, and exploring opportunities
Required Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise sales, business development and/or account management experience for the Optics Industry or equivalent.
- Knowledge of consultative selling techniques and relationship selling
- Strong business development, sales, and presentation skills
- Experience with account development, processes, and systems for setting new prospect appointments. • Exemplary communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to work autonomously and excellent time management skills
- Self-disciplined, organized and driven for success
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). • Willingness to travel extensively, as required to meet business goals
None at this time, but could lead to additionally responsibility in leading the sales team.
What We Will Give You in Return
- A competitive salary (base plus incentive targets)
- Competitive benefits, including 100% company paid healthcare premiums (medical, and life) • Support for your future with retirement planning and a 4% matching 401K
This position works within a professional office environment and requires frequent travel as required and part of the business development function.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.