Aside from standard size glass wafers such as 100mm, 150mm, 200mm and 300mm, Sydor Optics can provide custom wafers with diameters up to 450mm and thin wafers with thicknesses down to 0.1mm.
Sydor Optics has decades of experience polishing precision glass wafers. Aside from standard size glass wafers such as 100mm, 150mm, 200mm and 300mm, Sydor Optics can provide custom wafers with diameters up to 450mm and thin wafers with thicknesses down to 0.1mm (± 0.003mm).
With the largest collection of double-sided grinding and polishing machines in North America, Sydor Optics has the flexibility to easily ramp up wafer manufacturing from prototype to high-volume production. Regardless of the size or scope of your project, our experienced engineers and technicians will guide you every step of the way.
- Custom optical wafer manufacturing and polishing
- Diameters up to 450mm
- Thickness down to 0.1mm
- High-volume capabilities
Sydor Optics also offers a variety of glass wafer services including wafer thinning back-grinding, ultrasonic cleaning & spin rinse drying in a cleanroom environment, cleanroom packaging and CNC machining for mechanical alterations such as flats, notches & bevels. Additional customizations can be made utilizing laser cutting & marking capabilities for adding features such as serial numbers, custom shapes and patterns or laser dicing. All Sydor Optics glass wafers go through a meticulous metrology and inspection process to ensure that your products are in spec and of the highest quality possible.
Available Material Types
Based upon customer demand, Sydor Optics offers Glass Wafers made from the following substrate materials. Of course, if you don’t see a material you need, please contact a Sales Engineer, who will gladly discuss additional options that may be available.
- Array (  => 14  => 15 )Crystal
- Magnesium Fluoride (MgF2) Wafers
- Display Glass Wafers
- Fused Quartz WafersFused Quartz is made using high quality, natural quartz powders with several fusion methods. Quartz material is stronger than glass, can be used at high temperatures (<1050°C) and has a high average transmission of over 80% from 260nm to 2500nm. The various qualities of fused quartz allow for use in a wide range of applications from semiconductor applications to lower precision window applications in hostile environments.
- Heraeus HOQ 310
- Heraeus INFRASIL 301, 302
- Heraeus TSC Series
- Momentive i21 (Previously GE 124)
- Ohara SK-4304, SK-4306
- Tosoh N, OP, S Series
- Fused Silica Wafers
- Corning HPFS 7979 (UV & IR Grades)
- Corning HPFS 7980 (ArF Grade)
- Corning HPFS 7980 (KrF Grade)
- Corning HPFS 7980 (Standard Grade)
- Corning HPFS 8655
- Heraeus HOMOSIL 101, HERASIL 102
- Heraeus SUPRASIL 1, 2 (Grade A & B)
- Heraeus SUPRASIL 3001, 3002
- Heraeus SUPRASIL 311, 312
- Heraeus SUPRASIL 313
- Nikon NIFS (V, A, U, S Grade)
- Ohara SK-1300
- Ohara SK-1310
- Ohara SK-1320
- Tosoh ES, ED-H Series
- Array (  => 82  => 83  => 84  => 85  => 86  => 87 )IR Materials
- Low Expansion Wafers
- Optical Glass Wafers
|Thickness Tolerance||≥ 0.003mm|
|Bow / Warp||≥ 3μm|
|Surface Roughness||≥ 5 Å rms|
|Parallelism||≥ 1 arc seconds|
|Cosmetics (MIL-PRF-13830B)||60-40 to 10-5|
|Edge Exclusion Zone (Clear Appearance)||≥ 3mm|
|Transmitted Wavefront Error (TWE)||≥ 1/10 wave over 25mm sub-aperture|
|Reflected Wavefront Error - RWE (Local Site Flatness)||≥ 1/10 wave over 25mm sub-aperture|
|Bevels||45° or c-bevel|
|SEMI Flat||primary & secondary available|
Wafer Bevels, Notches & Flats
Sydor Optics offers industry-standard 45°, 90° & 180° SEMI Flats, SEMI Notches, 45° Bevels and C-Shaped Bevels. These features can be customized to meet your specifications. Learn more about additional optics manufacturing capabilities.